What Kind of Information Is Collected Through this Site?
CITIC Telecom International (SEA) may collect personal information about you depending on your use of the site. CITIC Telecom International (SEA) collects this information for a limited range of purposes, depending on the nature of the information collected. Information is collected:
- In e-mails sent to CITIC Telecom International (SEA) via this site. These e-mail messages will contain your screen name and e-mail address, as well as any additional information you include.
- By this site´s server relating to your navigation of this site. The types of information collected include details of the browser you are using, your IP address, the URL you have come from and your domain type and server.
- By “cookies” used by this site. A “cookie” is a software application that enables us to customise services to each user. It tracks your navigation in the site and stores that information on your hard drive. You should be able to “opt out” of receiving cookies by setting your browser to recognise when a cookie is offered and opting out of receiving it. Check with your software manufacturer or internet service provider to find out how you can alter your browser´s settings. “Cookies” are used only to facilitate use of this site. CITIC Telecom International (SEA) does not use “cookies” to collect and distribute information for any other purpose.
What Does CITIC Telecom International (SEA) Pte. Ltd. Do With the Information?
CITIC Telecom International (SEA) may keep and file all other personal information you provide via this site to:
- Create profiles of users so we can tailor and improve our site for its users and customers. For example, information collected via “cookies” and navigational data helps CITIC Telecom International (SEA) provide you with information of interest.
- Follow up on a user´s interest in particular products and services offered via this site, including informing the user about CITIC Telecom International (SEA) services that may be of interest, or to contact the user as part of the process of business development.
- Market products or services directly to you. However, when we first contact you for the purpose of direct marketing, we will give you the opportunity to decline further marketing communications from us. You can also use the ´Contact Us´ section of our site to request that we do not use your information for direct marketing.
Further, we will send e-mails to you only:
- if you have elected to receive e-mails;
- to respond to queries you make via e-mails or the ´Contact Us´ section of the site;
- to maintain your account; and
- to provide customer support.
If we wish to use any of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above, we will only do so with your prior consent.
Does CITIC Telecom International (SEA) Disclose Information to Others?
The information that CITIC Telecom International (SEA) collects from you is strictly confidential. In some cases, CITIC Telecom International (SEA) may outsource the information to a third party that will be authorised to use the information subject to an obligation of confidentiality and only to carry out one or more of the particular purposes set out above.
CITIC Telecom International (SEA) may also disclose personal information and other information or data that we collect from your use of the site for another purpose if you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information for that purpose, and if that purpose is related to the purpose specified at the time of collection of the information.
What Rights do You Have to the Personal Information that CITIC Telecom International (SEA) Pte. Ltd. Holds?
You may restrict our use of your personal information. As set out above, you can ask CITIC Telecom International (SEA) to:
- stop using your personal information to contact you about our products and services; and
- stop us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You can ask us to correct the data we hold. At CITIC Telecom International (SEA), we aim to keep your personal data accurate and error-free. At any time, you may contact us via the “Contact Us´ section of the site to ask us to provide you with a list of the data we hold about you, and copies of that data. We will provide you with the data within 40 days of receiving your request.
If you believe for any reason that CITIC Telecom International (SEA) is holding inaccurate data about you, you may ask us to correct it. Your request should specify which data is inaccurate, and what corrections you want us to make. Corrections may also specify data that is incomplete, and the information that is required to update the data. We will make the corrections you ask for within 40 days of receiving your request.
You can ask us to remove the information we hold. You can ask us to remove personal information we hold about you. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information. We will comply with your request as far as technically possible and within the limits of our accounting and legal obligations within 40 days of receipt of your request.
How is My Personal Information Stored?
CITIC Telecom International (SEA) takes reasonable steps and maintains high standards to ensure that the information collected from users of its site is:
- protected from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure;
- stored in a secure environment; and only accessible to authorised persons.
CITIC Telecom International (SEA) does point out, however, that it is not possible to guarantee that any data transmission (whether it be information that you transmit to CITIC Telecom International (SEA) or that we transmit to you using your personal information) over the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, any online activity by you in connection with the site is conducted at your own risk despite our endeavours to ensure the security of information that is transmitted to us.
Other Privacy Considerations
There are some aspects of your internet usage that CITIC Telecom International (SEA) has no control over. Please be aware that you are responsible for (where applicable) maintaining the secrecy of your username, passwords and account information. You should also close your browser after you have finished a user session to prevent others from retracing your most recent internet activity.
Changes to this Privacy Statement and Privacy Policies of Other Websites